[ Generic Ingredients for Acne Treatment ]
According to the trusted sources, in the United States nearly 50 million people are reported with Acne, which is the most common skin condition. The condition usually begins in puberty and affects young adults and adolescents. Study showed that around 85% of the Americans’ between the age group of 12 to 24 suffer from minor acne. Recently in 2013, Data revealed that $1.2 billion spent on the treatment associated with Acne that lost productivity among patients. Mostly children and young adults sought medical help to treat Acne, which constitute about 5.1 million people in the U.S. Up to 15% of the women affected with this condition that can occur into one’s life span in its 30s or 40s. It is been observed that nearly $400 million is the lost productivity due to Acne in the patients or caregivers.
Basically, Acne refers to a skin condition. It usually occurs when the hair follicles become plugged with dead skin cells and oil. There are different kinds of Acne found. Acne Vulgaris is the common acne. In this condition, presence of whiteheads, blackheads, and various types of pimples on the skin occur. Usually site of occurrence of this kind of Acne are facial area, shoulders, chest and back. This condition can be improved with different treatments and for severe conditions you need to seek help of dermatologist.
Causes of Acne
Acne is the most common skin condition mostly occurs in the teenagers or adolescents. There are some common factors that causes Acne as mentioned below:
Unnecessary oil production:
- Hair follicles blocked by oil
- Dead skin cells around hair follicles
- Hyperactivity of a hormone like androgens
Common sites where Acne can appear are on the facial area, chest, shoulders forehead, and upper back. These all sites have sebaceous glands, which produces oil. These oil glands and hair follicles are connected. The white head produced when follicle wall bumps and when this bump open up to the skin surface, it get darken leads to blackhead. The pores usually, crowded with oil and bacteria changes into brownish black color when exposed to air that looks like dirt in pores.
There are various factors that may worsen the condition, mentioned below:
- Hormonal impact: Hormones like Androgens produce in girls and boys during adolescent period or puberty. In this period sebaceous glands enlarges than normal size and produce more sebum. Consumption of oral contraceptives or hormonal changes in pregnancy also affects sebum production. Due to this, androgen level in the blood circulation lowers than usual in women. This results into worsen Acne condition
- Consumption of certain medicinal drugs: Mainly the drugs which contain corticosteroids, testosterone or lithium may result into severe Acne condition
- Diet: Lifestyle also affects the skin conditions. Certain dietary factors like slim milk and carbohydrate rich food such as bagels, bread, or potato chips may trigger or worsen the condition
- Stress: Work pressure, personal issues or any mental burden may worsen the condition of Acne
Severity of Acne may result into emotional distress and scar on the skin. It is advisable to visit dermatologist as early as possible if you have problem of Acne from long time. It will lower the risk of severe health issues.
To diagnose Acne, there are not specific tests to perform. You can diagnose it by observing on the body part especially the parts which produces most of the oil in the body.
The dermatologist can help you to control the condition, to avoid scarring or other skin damage, lowers the scars. The dermatologist will prescribe you the medications that reduce oil production in the body and speeds to new skin cells, resist bacterial infections, lower the inflammation. All this help to prevent from the scarring on the skin. The full effectiveness can be observed after many months or year of the treatment.
The symptoms of the acne can easily be noticed. Acne usually appears on the facial area, shoulders, back, and chest. The signs are completely depend on the severity of the condition of the Acne. These are mentioned below;
- Whiteheads i.e. closed plugged pores
- Blackheads i.e. open plugged pores
- Small red, tender bumps i.e. papules
- Pimples or pustules, which are papules with pus at their tips
- Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin called as nodules
- Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin called as cystic lesions
Treatment for Acne
The condition like Acne can be treated with different medication prescribed by the dermatologist followed by the healthy diet and lifestyle. There are some top medicines that can help you to get rid of Acne and make you live with the confidence.
Tetracycline Hydrochloride is used as the main active component to treat acne. One of the popular brand medicines is Achromycin V, which contains this active ingredient which is manufactured by the leading pharmaceutical companies, Heritage Pharmaceutical company.
Vesanoid is also a popular brand medication, which is approved for the treatment of acne. This medication has active ingredient Tretinoin, which is a naturally-occurring acid of retinol. Mylan Pharma, a trusted pharmaceutical company offers this medicine.