[ Generic Ingredients for Ulcerative Colitis Treatment ]
About Ulcerative Colitis
An inflammatory bowel disease called as Ulcerative Colitis that causes inflammation, irritation, and ulcers in the lining of the large intestine, or colon area.
UC shows similar symptoms with Crohn’s disease and irritable bowel disorder. The condition cannot be cured. Patients with UC symptom flare-ups off and on for life. You need to take right treatment to get relieve from the health condition.
Causes of Ulcerative Colitis
When body’s immune system does not work properly the Ulcerative colitis causes to your body. Due to this condition inflammation in the inner lining of the colon appear. Sometimes irritation and swelling leads to ulcers and open sores in that area.
Basically, the immune system of the body protects you from foreign harmful particles, and infections. But, conditions like Ulcerative Colitis the immune system attacks the body.
There are some factors scientist believes to be a trigger that triggers the development of Ulcerative Colitis:
- Genes: It can be transferred through genes by heredity
- Immune System: Infection in the UC does not turn off. Due to this infection, inflammation in the area colon and causes other symptoms of UC.
- Environment: Viruses present in the environment lead to development of the UC in the body. Sometimes, drugs like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics, or birth control pills
- Other factors: Causes like stress or emotional stress and various kind of foods are also affects the condition
Diagnosis Ulcerative Colitis
Following are some tests to exact diagnose the condition Ulcerative Colitis:
- Blood and Stool Tests: The blood test helps to detect anaemia, an increase in WBCs, an elevated C-reactive protein level and a low level of the protein albumin all indications of inflammation in your body. If necessary, the stool test may be arranged to treat the infection
- Sigmoidoscopy: This test is performed to look at the rectal lining and colon or lower large intestine
Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
- Infection to the colon
- Severe diarrhea with blood or pus
- Urge to empty your colon can come on fast and furious
- Feeling urge to urinate frequently
- Pain in belly, cramps in the abdomen
- Sore joints
- Fatigue/ fever
- Nausea and loss of appetite
- Becomes hard for the body to absorb what it needs for energy
- Bleeding in the colon area
- Disturbed sleep due to frequent urination
- Dehydration due to diarrhea
- Sudden weight Loss
- Sores in mouth, skin or rashes
Treatment for Ulcerative Colitis
According to the severity of the symptoms observed in the condition medicines are available to treat the Ulcerative Colitis. Some of the best medicines are mentioned below.