[ Generic Ingredients for Migraine Treatment ]
Migraine is a neurological condition. In this condition multiple symptoms can be caused. It is usually characterized by intense and severe headaches. Signs such as nausea, vomiting, speaking problem, numbness or tingling, sensitivity to light or sound are very common in the condition. Migraines can start in childhood or may not be caused up to early adulthood. Women are more prone to cause this condition than men. Family medical history is most common factor for having migraines. The diagnosis of condition is determined by clinical history, symptoms, and other causes. The most common categories of migraine headache are those without aura and those with aura.
Causes of Migraine
The exact cause of migraines is not known.
The suspected cause is abnormal activity in the brain. This can affect the nerves communication as and chemicals or blood vessels in the brain. Genetics may also affect someone or triggers Migraines.
There are some known triggers that can cause migraines:
- Hormonal changes: It can be caused when menstruation in women, due to change in hormone levels
- Emotional triggers: Conditions like stress, anxiety, depression, excitement, and shock may trigger the condition
- Physical causes: Physical conditions like tiredness and insufficient sleep, pain in shoulder or neck, poor posture, and physical exertion may trigger the condition. Low blood sugar and jet lag are also considered as triggers for the condition
- Diet Triggers: Consumption of alcoholic beverages and caffeine can act as triggers for migraines. Some specific foods items can also have trigger for the condition. The food items like cheese, chocolate, citrus fruits, and additive tyramine. Other habits like irregular mealtimes and dehydration also affects
- Medications: medications like sleeping pills, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) medicines, and the contraceptive pill can trigger the condition
- Environmental Triggers: Various factors like second-hand smoke, flickering screens, strong smells, and loud noises, stuffy rooms, change in temperature, and bright lights are also possible triggers for Migraine
Diagnosis of Migraine
Doctors diagnose migraines by observing your symptoms. The doctor will take thorough medical and family history before starting proper process of diagnosis. Physical examination need to be done to determine the other potential causes. Tests like CT scan or MRI, can help to find out other causes, as mentioned below:
- Abnormal brain structures
Symptoms of Migraine
Migraine symptoms can easily be noticed. It may start one to two days before the migraine headache. It is a prodrome stage. Other symptoms during this stage are like mentioned below:
- Food Cravings
- Fatigue or low energy
- Frequent yawning
- Neck stiffness
- Difficulty speaking clearly
- Prickling or tingling or feeliong sensation in your face, arms, or legs
- Seeing shapes, light flashes, or bright spots
- Temporarily losing your vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound
- Dizziness or feeling faint
- Pain on one side of your head, either on the left side, right side, front, or back, or in your temples
- Pulsing and throbbing head pain
- Vomiting or nausea
Treatment for Migraine
The condition of Migraine can be cured. You need to follow the doctors advise to take best medicines to clear it out. Some of the best medicines available to treat this condition are mentioned below.