Testosterone is the primary sex hormone in males. As men age, their testosterone levels start declining over the course of life. They may even start looking for natural remedies or some OTC options for boosting their testosterone levels. Let us explore some ways that can help men to increase their testosterone levels.
Testosterone boosting Agents
The efficacy of testosterone boosters is yet to be evaluated. However, several supplements claim to increase your testosterone levels which are given below.
- It is an amino acid that is proven for increasing the amount of testosterone in the body. It boosts testosterone by increasing the levels of supporting hormones – luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone, that help the body to release more testosterone.
- Apart from that, D-Aspartic acid is also beneficial for improving the quality of sperm. Individuals with a normal range of testosterone levels in the body need not take D-Aspartic acid as it will not have substantial benefits. Thus, this amino acid will only benefit those individuals with testosterone deficiency.
- Sunlight is the primary source of vitamin D as your skin exposed gets exposed, it produces vitamin D naturally. Individuals with less exposure to the sun are deficient in vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency can decrease your testosterone levels and lead to erectile dysfunction, which is why it is necessary to maintain normal levels of Vitamin D in the body.
- Adequate levels of vitamin D may reduce oxidative stress, regulate blood pressure, and stimulate nitric oxide production. All these factors contribute to erectile dysfunction or impotence. It is also possible to get some vitamin D from foods such as fish, mushrooms, eggs, fruits, milk, dairy products, fortified cereals, rice, lentils, sunflower seeds, almonds, and leafy green vegetables.
- Vitamin D supplements can provide a quick boost to your testosterone levels. Before using them to your advantage, it is necessary to seek dosage guidance from your healthcare provider.
Magnesium deficiency can lead to various health issues. Sufficient levels of magnesium increase the amount of testosterone in men and also improve muscle tissue repair and ensure bone health. To boost your testosterone levels to optimal levels, along with magnesium supplements, it is important to perform some high-intensity workouts. The dose must be confirmed by a healthcare professional to avoid overconsumption.
Low deficiency has been associated with low levels of testosterone. Zinc is an essential mineral that increases testosterone production in the testes. Its deficiency can decrease testosterone levels which will lead to low libido and affect sexual health altogether.
Niacin is helpful in promoting blood circulation to the penile and improving erection function. It aids with the effective treatment of erectile dysfunction. It improves two contributing factors of impotence which are high blood pressure and high cholesterol. The appropriate dosage of Niacin supplements will be prescribed by the healthcare provider. Niacin is naturally found in a wide range of foods, such as mushrooms, poultry, peanuts, potato, tuna, fortified breakfast cereals, brown rice, and green peas.
It is a popular herb that serves as an efficacious remedy for the treatment of sexual disorders like low libido and erectile dysfunction. It has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This herb can help subside fertility issues and improve sexual function. Ginseng contains ginsenosides and gintonin. One of these chemicals is known to increase the discharge of nitric oxide, which is a powerful substance that eases muscular strains and relaxes the smooth muscles in the penile blood vessels. It overcomes blockages in the blood vessels and augments sufficient blood flow to the penile for inducing an erection. Thus, it can be helpful in treating erectile dysfunction.
- Vitamin B9 or Folic acid is a dietary supplement and a nutrient in the vitamin B complex that is necessary for a healthy sexual function. Folic acid treats fertility issues and boosts testosterone levels in the body.
- Equally important is its deficiency can reduce nitric oxide production which is an essential substance that ensures healthy erection function. It is needed for causing vasodilation of the blood vessels and augmenting abundant blood to the penile for promoting stronger erections. Further, insufficient amounts of nitric oxide translate to erectile difficulties.
- Foods like beetroot, whole grains, citrus fruits, beans, and green leafy vegetables are abundant sources of folic acid.
- L-arginine is an amino acid that aids the body to build essential proteins. It helps promote healthy testosterone levels which increases your libido or sex drive.
- It is converted by the body into nitric oxide which is a potent chemical that is necessary for causing vasodilation in the penile blood vessels to loosen and relax the strains. This relaxation causes the chambers inside the penile to fill with abundant blood and as a result, the erection function improves.
Tips to Speed Up Your Testosterone Production
In addition to OTC supplements or natural dietary supplements, it is essential to engage yourself in some strength work or anaerobic exercises. Anaerobic exercise utilizes a quick or immediate form of energy. These exercises include high-intensity interval training (HIIT), weightlifting, Pilates, yoga, etc. It involves short, fast, high-intensity exercises that break down glucose that is already in your muscles for a form of energy.
Moreover, strength training such as weightlifting causes your body to produce more testosterone responsible for boosting the sex drive or libido. Weightlifting strengthens the upper body and hence enhances stamina. Finally, To improve your sex life and performance, you can try doing push-ups, sit-ups, and crunches. Hence, incorporating some weight-bearing exercises can boost the natural production of testosterone which is a significant factor in improving your sexual function and ensuring optimal sexual health.