[ Generic Ingredients for Stroke Prevention Treatment ]
According to the trusted report, nearly 795,000 people suffer from Stroke in the U.S. and 140,000 people died i.e. one out of every 20 deaths causes due to Stroke.
When supply of blood is cut off from the part of your brain it causes Stroke. Mostly Stroke causes due to clotting or blocking the flow of the blood. This type of stroke is known as, Ischemic strokes, which is very common. When stroke causes due to bleeding in the brain it is called as hemorrhagic strokes. Family history of Stroke and older age might trigger the condition. Experts said that 80% strokes can be prevented.
Causes of Stroke
Causes can be differentiated on the basis of type of Stroke you are experienced. Following are causes according to the types of Stroke.
Ischaemic strokes: When blood clot blocks the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain.
Clotting of the blood cause due to following:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol levels
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Irregular heartbeat known as atrial fibrillation.
Haemorrhagic strokes: Bursting of blood vessels in the skull and bleeding into and around the brain, caused mainly due to high blood pressure. High blood pressure weakens the arteries in the brain.
Following are some main factors causes’ high blood pressure:
- Drinking excessive alcohol
- Lack of exercise
Diagnosis of Stroke prevention
To exact diagnosis of the Stroke there are some tests you need to perform as mentioned below:
- Physical tests: The doctor will check you up physically before other tests
- Imaging: Different imaging tests will be done to clear the doubts about stroke
- Blood test: This test is to detect cholesterol and blood sugar level in the body
- Heartbeats tests: This test is to check irregular heartbeats
- Blood pressure: Blood pressure affects majorly on the stroke, so this test is performed compulsorily
- Brain scans: This test id perform to check abnormalities in the brain, like blocked artery or burst blood vessels
- CT scan: It is use to take CT images of the blood vessels, which carry blood to the brain
- MRI scan: It gives the detail picture of inside the body, affected areas of the stroke can be identified
- Swallow tests: It is a simple test, perform to check whether food or drink may stick into the windpipe or lungs. Due to this chest infections can be occurred like pneumonia
- Carotid ultrasound: It is use to check neck arteries, if there is a blockage or narrowing of the arteries
- Ultrasound: This test might be performed if needed to check other possible causes of the condition
- Echocardiography: It gives image of the heart
- Transoesophageal echocardiography: It is an alternative test for Echocardiography
Symptoms of Stroke
Symptoms of Stroke can vary person to person, but some common symptoms are remembered as word FAST as mentioned below:
- Face: Dropping of the face on one side
- Arms: Unable to lift a arms and weakness in arms
- Speech: Difficulty while speaking, slurred speech
- Time: If you observed any symptoms regarding stroke it is time to call the doctor
Other signs and symptoms may include:
- Complete paralysis of 1 side of the body
- Sudden loss or blurring of vision
- Difficulty understanding
- problems with balance and co-ordination
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sudden and very severe headache
- Loss of consciousness
Treatment for Stroke
Medical Experts proved that 80% Stroke can be prevented. To treat the condition, you need to follow the doctor’s instruction and consume some effective medicines. Some of the best medicines to treat the condition are mentioned below.