Kidneys are known to be a vital organ that is highly responsible for waste management. That is well crucial for sustaining the body’s chemical balance and blood pressure at the same time. In case, you fail to take good care of the kidneys, you are knowingly risking a slew of health issues. Some of which might lead to these organs simply shutting down altogether. Some most common kidney-linked conditions include urinary tract infections, kidney stones, and hypertension-like issues.
Know how can the issue of diabetes affects the kidneys?
The Kidney condition and diabetes might all go hand in hand. This condition is the leading cause of kidney disease, as per the National Institutes of Health (NIH). As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to be precise more than approx. 25.8 million Americans might have diabetes and shall be high blood sugar levels. Which shall simply go along with diabetes need the kidney to work simply harder on filtering out excess water and waste-like issues.
What can protect the kidneys from diabetes? The best way for one to prevent or further delay diabetic kidney disease is by simply sustaining a healthy lifestyle. And also treating diabetes and high blood pressure issue.
Below mentioned are some helpful tips:
- Be super active. It is all-important for performing daily exercise and being physically active for further managing blood pressure. And keeping blood sugar levels in a good range that is healthy.
- Check the level of blood glucose regularly. Talk to the doctor and diabetes nurse educator about some of the healthy blood sugar ranges. And others might try in keeping the level of the goal.
- Properly being screened for kidney disease. When the kidney damage is well found early, it can all be well slowed down or managed well. One must talk to the doctor and learn lifestyle steps while taking to have healthy kidneys.
- Do not smoke. The act of smoking cigarettes might notably lower the flow of blood in the kidneys. Which shall lead to lowered functioning. Smoking cigarettes also enhance blood sugar levels that shall knowingly worsen kidney function-like condition.
- One must use nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen and naproxen with complete caution. The use of NSAIDs might result in conditions like kidney damage. Ask the doctor about using NSAIDs and other solutions to see in case an alternative medicine might be working in some situations.
Control Level of Blood Sugar
Controlling the level of blood sugar is known to be the fool-proof way for thwarting kidney disease. The lesser the fluctuations which occur in the blood glucose. The better one might have a chance of delaying some onset of the kidney disease condition. Kidneys are known to be made of those tiny blood vessels. Any alterations in the level of blood sugar shall all affect them negatively.
Follow Proper Advised Diet
The doctor shall provide you with a diet to follow for keeping the diabetes level in check. One must follow a diet for ensuring the kidney is safe.
Regulate Blood Pressure
As with blood sugar, some of the fluctuating blood pressure can simply be fatal for the kidneys. To further prevent that kidney failure, try maintaining a stable level of blood pressure.
Low Protein Diet
People who are well vulnerable to some kidney damage are suggested a low protein diet for simply putting up less pressure on those already who shall be weak around the kidneys. One must also consult the doctor or some nutritionist about the options that are well available to you.
Weight gain-like conditions can be seriously affecting the kidneys, more so when one might have diabetes-like issues. One must eat healthy food and perform exercise regularly for keeping the weighing scales static. A diet that is well recommended by the doctor or nutritionist shall all be well ensured. That one shall derive maximum nutrition without enhancing weight.
Performing Regular Checkups
Perform regular tests for ensuring that the kidneys are in tip-top shape. In some of the well-known cases. By the time the symptoms shall be apparent, the damage might have already been done. Some of the tests check the creatine and urea levels present in the urine. Which shall be the point toward the health of the kidneys.
Diabetic Kidney Disease and Symptoms
Diabetic kidney disease is an issue that commonly causes no symptoms until at least 80 percent of the kidneys’ function is completely lost. For further detecting diabetic kidney conditions, healthcare providers might all rely on some of the tests that shall measure protein (albumin) levels in the urine and some of the blood tests for further evaluating the level of kidney function.
When the kidneys might be all working normally, some things shall prevent albumin from simply leaking into the urine. Hence further finding some of the albumins in the urine is a sign that the kidneys might be in great trouble. Usually, people who might have diabetic kidney disease shall also have a condition like high blood pressure.