The basic issue in conditions like diabetes is with insulin: The body either does not make enough amount of insulin, or insulin might not work as it should. Insulin is known to be a hormone that is made by the pancreas that moves glucose. And that is known as the body’s main fuel which is from the bloodstream into the cells where it is well used for energy-like things. Without the need for insulin, sugar is just left in the bloodstream which might lead to some sort of damage. The body might also run into issues when cells might not have their main source of energy.
What Is Needed To Cure Type 1 Diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes might occur when the body might not make insulin at all, or very little of it. The body’s immune system might be well destroyed by the cells in the pancreas which are well responsible for making insulin. A cure for a condition like T1D shall need two things which are mentioned below:
- Stop the immune system right from destroying the pancreas cells which are made up of insulin
- Replace the cells which might have been lost
There is just no treatment that might have done it. The best treatments might have been some of the medications and devices which might be about the pancreas’ job of making insulin. But that job is just so easily said that it is all done. Insulin shall all work in a very fine balance with some other hormones for responding to the foods you might eat. The right amount might be well released at the right time.
Balancing Sugar Level
This is why it is also important in case you have Type 1 diabetes to further check your blood sugars usually, know what you might eat, and take the right amount of insulin solution. One might need to make sure to get enough amount of insulin, but too much can be simply deadly: Low blood sugar the issue is a true condition of a medical emergency.
Managing the level of blood sugar can be simply tough in diabetes treatment which shall further plan as you are trying to further copy a complicated system. Further that the body might be well used for keeping blood glucose in a very tight range at all times. Many of the things are happening in the background about people without conditions like diabetes for taking granted.
It should also be mentioned about pancreas transplants are an option for some patients with Type 1 diabetes. Pancreas transplants might be the closest thing to a true cure for Type 1 diabetes, but these are just not so common. Only some of the patients with Type 1 diabetes are known for considering things for pancreas transplants.
Below mentioned are known to be a list of reasons why:
- Pancreas transplants are known to be major and very risky surgeries. Just like all the major surgeries, there are some sort of risk of severe complications like infections, bleeding, and even a condition like death
- After some of the pancreas transplants, which is a person might need to take anti-rejection medicine for the rest of their lives. Anti-rejection sort of medicine might have severe risks, which shall be about including making the body less effective at fighting infections like condition
- 20% to 30% of people who might get a pancreas transplant which shall also need some kind of insulin in the medication. A transplant might not always cure conditions like Type 1 diabetes
- About 8% of patients who might attain a pancreas transplant shall get diabetes condition again
- Even with some of the anti-rejection medications, there is a proper risk that the transplant will fail, either from a condition like rejection or some other causes
What Is Needed To Cure Type 2 Diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes is known to be the most common kind of diabetes mellitus, and in numerous ways, it is much more complicated than Type 1 diabetes. In Type 2 diabetes, the pancreas is known for making insulin, but the body does not respond to insulin which it should be like. This is called “insulin resistance.” But for some people, it is not all the same, and Type 2 diabetes can have many different causes of things. Genetics is known for playing quite a role. Some other factors can contribute, too, things that are mentioned below:
- Having overweight or obesity like an issue
- Eating some sort of unhealthy diet
- Not performing exercises which is enough
- Having high levels of stress-like condition
- Not allowed to have enough good quality sleep
Some medications can further treat high blood glucose in T2D, but none of them might cure the issue.
Right now, some of the closest things to making a cure which is a sustained lifestyle that can alter things that include exercise, weight loss, and a healthier diet-like thing. And here are some of the exciting things. For some people, this might be super slow or even reverse the progression of conditions like Type 2 diabetes. Even in case, it might not reverse T2D completely, it might also help in lowering the need for medication. And can significantly enhance the health complications of diabetes, like kidney and eye issues.
Below mentioned things might be helpful and free tips for trying at home:
- Performing exercises with a buddy and holding each other accountable
- Use a pedometer for reaching a proper goal
- Set proper holiday or weekend reminders on the phone to keep a steady weight
- Make a menu plan for the week and for sticking to it
A small study on what one might start and keep about going in the lifestyle alterations shows that the three most important factors which are mentioned below:
- The support of some others
- Feeling a difference in the health