Glucose is released into the bloodstream post the digestion process. It is then well absorbed by the body cells for releasing energy. Thus, blood shall help in maintaining a level of glucose in it. For maintaining proper blood glucose levels and for further helping the cells in glucose to absorption into the body make sure that you use a hormone called insulin. The pancreas is known to release insulin that shall help in regulating blood glucose levels.
The blood glucose levels might be abnormal when the body shall be insulin resistant, or when the pancreas cells might all fail to produce more amount of insulin. Body cells might also fail to absorb glucose right from the bloodstream. This might all result in an enhanced level of blood glucose than the normal level. This particular condition where the blood glucose level shall be higher is known as diabetes.
Causes Of Type 1 Diabetes
The other name of Type 1 Diabetes is known to be juvenile diabetes as it is common in children. It is a chronic condition where the pancreas might be just so unable for producing a sufficient amount of insulin. This shall all occur during childhood or adolescence.
Type-1 diabetes causes are mentioned below
Auto-immune disease: When the body’s immune system might mistakenly attack the insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas
- Bacterial or viral infection can further disturb the body’s immune system and this can also lead to diabetes
- Genetic factors: Variations in HLA-DQA1, HLA-DQB1, and HLA-DRB1 genes shall all help with immune system response and can lead to conditions like diabetes
- Chemical toxins: Some of the chemical toxins shall all alter the immune response and might further damage the beta cells of the pancreas which shall lead to diabetes
Causes Of Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes is a medical condition which shall help in affecting the way your body’s metabolizing or processes blood sugar might happen. Symptoms of type 2 diabetes might develop gradually.
- In type-2 diabetes, the cells might be unable to absorb the proper amount of glucose from blood due to cells which shall be resistant to insulin
- This enhanced blood glucose levels
- Higher glucose levels shall all signal the pancreas for further producing more amount of insulin
- This might lead to beta cells of the pancreas which shall further grow weak and thus might result in insulin deficiency
Gestational Diabetes Causes
A gestational diabetes-like condition is a situation in which the blood glucose levels of a woman might be high during pregnancy like condition.
During pregnancy, the placenta is known for producing hormones, which shall all help in building up glucose that is present in the body. If the body is all unable for producing sufficient insulin for handling this condition, the blood sugar levels might begin to rise. This finally shall all lead to gestational diabetes.
- Obesity and overweight
- Excessive weight gain while being pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary syndrome might lead to weight gain
- Genetic history of diabetes
Factors Leading to Diabetes
In the report on global diabetes prevalence, it is found that urban people might have more diabetes than rural areas. The main factor that might contribute to the rise in the urban area which is an improper lifestyle, improper diet, stress, and fewer physical activities like condition.
A person is more likely for being diagnosed with diabetes if he/she has:
With insulin resistance, the body cells do not respond to insulin effectively. Due to this condition, glucose cannot move to cells and start building up in the blood
An inactive lifestyle without enough exercise shall lead to weight gain and health risks including diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease
As age shall enhance the risk of diabetes which shall enhance. It is mainly common after 45 years
Ethnic groups including Hispanic/Latino Americans, Asian Americans, and Pacific Islanders are more prone to the diabetes-like condition
How to Prevent Diabetes
The prevention of conditions like diabetes is mostly related to lifestyle and diet changes might occur. For someone who might have been diagnosed with prediabetes, you must take some needed measures to prevent or just delay the chronic stage of a condition like type 2 diabetes.
Here are some of the measures and alterations one can make to prevent a condition like diabetes:
- Exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. You can also include cardio, swimming, cycling, or walking in the routine
- Enhance your whole food consumption. Eat lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole-grain as much as one can
- If you have obesity, work on losing the body weight, but in a healthy manner
- One must drink plenty of water and avoid the consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages
- Avoid oral intake of trans fats, refined carbohydrates, or saturated fats
- Work on lowering the portion size. Make sure that one might do it all gradually for avoiding binge-eating
- Get regular check-ups for further recognizing any forewarning and signs and take proper precautions on time for the same
Once it is diagnosed with diabetes, there is no going back to such a condition. But one must also remember that managing it can all help to reverse diabetes. Hence, avoid a sedentary lifestyle, eat healthy food and one shall also perform exercise regularly. Focus on those diabetes factors which are in the control like obesity, and stress.