Tadalafil 60mg pills are vasodilator drugs that increase the flow of blood through the arteries. They are primarily used for treating the symptoms of erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence issues in men. Tadalafil is itself an active component that is categorized under phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors.
PDE5 is an enzyme that is secreted in the inner walls of the penile arteries and sometimes it becomes hyperactive, which deprives the arteries of nitric oxide. Lack of nitric oxide leads to the narrowing of the arteries, and they become hard, due to which the blood flow inside the penile gets hindered. The pill efficiently boosts the supply of blood inside the arteries. They overcome the blockages and restore erection function.
Tadalafil is used as an active ingredient in FDA-approved popular ED drugs known as Cialis. Tadalafil pills are pure vasodilators that begin their action with 30 to 60 minutes of intake. They are known for their prolonged effectiveness which remains active in the bloodstream for more than 36 hours.
Erectile dysfunction (ED)
Men experiencing difficulties with their erection function due to the lack of blood flow to their penile can make use of these pills. The pill is a PDE5 inhibitor, which negates the hyperactivity of PDE5 enzymes and triggers the release of nitric oxide in the inner walls of the penile arteries.
Nitric oxide opens up the narrowed blood vessels and widens them to allow more blood supply inside the penile. As the penile gets engorged with blood, it traps the blood under high pressure to maintain stronger erections. The pill does not cure the condition, it just makes the erection function easier till its effects run in the bloodstream.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
The pill relieves the difficulties experienced by men having benign prostatic hyperplasia, which is characterized by an enlarged prostate. The prostate is a gland, and its primary function is to produce fluids that nourish and transport sperm. Its enlargement gives rise to problems like the frequent urge to urinate, inability to empty the bladder fully, urge to urinate several times during the night, etc. The effects of tadalafil relieve all these symptoms.
Since these pills are high-dose, they may produce some common side effects, which are listed below:
- Headache and nausea
- Muscle pain
- Stuffy nose
- Stomachache or upset stomach
- Back pain
- Pain in arms and legs
- Flushing of the face, neck, and upper chest
The symptoms of these side effects can be of mild to moderate intensity. They tend to disappear after some time. If they bother you too much, then see your doctor.
The effects of these high-dose pills may rarely produce some uncommon and serious side effects, which can be as follows:
- Priapism, a condition that causes prolonged and painful erections lasting for more than 4 hours.
- Hearing loss in one or both ears
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Sudden loss of vision or change of vision
- Severe lightheadedness
- Chest pain or jaw pain, which can be an early indicator of a heart attack
The possibility of serious side effects is very rare, but if you develop any of these, run to your doctor immediately and seek medical attention.
- Individuals with chronic health conditions are more susceptible to life-threatening side effects of these pills. The pills can cause a significant reduction in blood pressure, which can be dangerous for those having heart disease, cardiovascular disorders, blood pressure problems, kidney problems, liver disorders, and others. So, make sure you take safety measures and ask your doctor whether these pills are appropriate for you.
- Skip doing activities like sports, driving, machine operating, etc. after taking the pill. Such activities require focus and attention. The pill might cause dizziness and blurry vision and performing such activities can potentiate the risk of accidents.
Do not use tadalafil with drugs such as nitrates, alpha-blockers, protease inhibitors, blood pressure medicines, seizure drugs, HIV drugs, and Riociguat (Adempas). Interaction of tadalafil and any of these drugs can reduce blood pressure to dangerous levels.
The interaction of tadalafil with alcohol can amplify the side effects more severely. Both tadalafil and alcohol are vasodilators, and their interaction can cause a significant drop in blood pressure.
Grapefruit or its juice, can cause a severe drop in blood pressure after interaction with tadalafil, so, avoid having them together.
Tadalafil 60mg is an extremely high-dose pill. They are known for their prolonged effectiveness, which lasts for more than 36 hours. One must never use these pills regularly. In case an overdose is suspected, immediate medical attention is a necessity, otherwise, it can have fatal consequences.