Tadalafil 5mg are low-dose drug that boosts blood circulation to the penile and helps men with impotence issues to get stronger erections. These drugs are pure vasodilators that efficiently treat erectile dysfunction problems. These drugs work on improving mild forms of impotence issues. Because of their low dose, one can use them as a regular medicine, which has to be taken at the same time every day to make sure your body has an effective amount of the drug at all times.
Erectile dysfunction occurs after the penile arteries get clogged because of plaque accumulation in their passages. Clogging prevents blood circulation inside the penile. An enzyme known as phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) is responsible for leading to blockage formation. But the pill is a Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, which inhibits PDE5 action and increases blood flow to the penile, which triggers harder erections.
These medications come in the form of pills with each having a strength of 5mg. A single pill must be taken only once within 24 hours of duration. It must be swallowed with some water without changing its form either by crushing or breaking.
- These drugs are prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction symptoms and for alleviating the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Tadalafil is a PDE5 inhibitor, and it is mainly a vasodilator that loosens and expands the strained muscles of the arteries.
- Men using this medication for treating their impotence issues, get harder erections in the presence of arousal. The pill begins its action after 15 to 30 minutes after its intake. It gets readily assimilated in the bloodstream and triggers the release of nitric oxide in the inner walls of the penile arteries. Nitric oxide counters PDE5 enzymes and conducts vasodilation and expansion of the clogged blood vessels of the penile.
- Vasodilation relieves clogged arteries and helps overcome blockages, which enhances the blood flow through them. When there is adequate blood inside the penile, the blood gets trapped under high pressure, which helps in sustaining erections.
After taking the pill, some people may experience common symptoms of side effects. These can be mild. The common side effects are:
- Stomachache or upset stomach
- Muscle pain
- Back pain
- Pain in arms and legs
- Stuffy nose
These common symptoms might remain for some time and disappear soon, but if they don’t, see your doctor.
Although rare, there is a risk of developing some serious side effects after using the pill.
Rare side effects are:
- Priapism – a condition that causes prolonged and painful erections that last for more than 4 hours.
- Sudden loss of vision or change of vision
- Hearing loss in one or both ears
- Ringing in the ears or tinnitus
- Severe lightheadedness
- Chest pain or jaw pain, which can be an early sign of a heart attack
If any of these symptoms surface, it is necessary to get medical attention immediately. Early treatment will prevent any major health damage. A condition like priapism can permanently damage the penile, therefore, medical attention is necessary.
- When these pills are used as regular medications, their effects remain in the body throughout the entire day. It can make you feel dizzy and blur your vision. If you perform some activity such as driving, sports, machine operating, etc. then there is a risk of accidents. So, it is better to avoid any highly intense activity after using the pill.
- After taking the pill, if you develop an allergic reaction such as rash, hives, swelling in the face, tongue, throat, or lips then stop using the pills and talk to your doctor.
Do not use these medications if you are already using certain drugs such as nitrates, alpha-blockers, blood pressure medicines, protease inhibitors, seizure drugs, HIV drugs, Riociguat (Adempas), etc. Their combination can be detrimental to health. Talk to your doctor about safety concerns before using Tadalafil.
Alcohol is also a vasodilator, which relaxes the blood vessels and increases blood flow through them. A combination of tadalafil with alcohol can cause a significant drop in blood pressure, which can have life-threatening consequences.
Grapefruit or its juice can lead to a decrease in blood pressure after its interaction with tadalafil. So, avoid taking them together.
Excessive intake of these pills can overload your system with tadalafil. It may potentiate the risk of severe side effects. Also, the person may experience a decrease in their blood pressure, which is indicated by fainting and extreme dizziness. One must seek immediate medical attention in case of an overdose.