Tadalafil 40mg drugs are prescribed for use in men, primarily for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED). The root cause of erectile dysfunction or impotence issues is the lack of blood flow through the penile arteries. This happens because of the clog formation in their passages, which hinders the blood supply to the penile. But these pills overcome clogs and increase blood flow to the penile. Tadalafil is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, which has been categorized as per the pharmacological classification. The clogs in the arteries are formed due to the action of PDE5 enzymes that are released by the walls of arteries. PDE5 action prevents the release of nitric oxide, a chemical that is responsible for maintaining the health of arteries. The pill effectively inhibits the PDE5 action and increases blood supply to the penile, which triggers stronger erections. The pills are very high-dose medications that relieve severe forms of erection difficulties and their effects last in the body for beyond 36 hours. It kicks into action in the presence of sexual arousal.
- Due to their property to expand the blood vessels and increase blood flow through them, these drugs are commonly used for the treatment of the symptoms of erectile dysfunction (ED) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). They come in the form of pills and only a single pill is enough, as its effectiveness remains in the bloodstream for more than 36 hours.
- The pill is a pure vasodilator with the ability to boost the release of nitric oxide in the blood vessels. It stops the action of PDE enzymes that lead to the blockage formation in the passages of the arteries. As the PDE action stops, it triggers the release of nitric oxide in the endothelial walls of the arteries, which expands and loosens them to allow more blood to enter the penile.
- The pill alleviates the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, which is a condition that is characterized by an enlarged prostate gland. As the prostate unusually grows in size, it disturbs all the nearby organs and also gives rise to various symptoms such as urination problems, frequent urination, especially during nighttime, urine leakage, inability to evacuate the bladder fully, and uncontrollable urge to urinate. The pill relieves all these symptoms and helps treat the condition.
Common side effects:
- Headache and nausea
- Flushing in the face, neck, and chest
- Upset stomach
- Stuffy nose
- Muscle aches and back pain
- Pain in arms and legs
These are common symptoms that can be of mild intensity. They disappear on their own after some time.
Rare and uncommon side effects:
- Priapism or prolonged and painful erections that remain for more than 4 hours.
- Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Hearing loss in one or both ears
- Vision impairment
- Chest pain
- Tinnitus or ringing in the ears
These symptoms are very rare. But in case any of these symptoms arise, one must immediately contact their doctor and seek medical attention.
- People living with chronic health conditions such as heart-related problems or chest pain (angina), blood pressure disorders, and kidney or liver disorders should never take these pills without informing their doctor. Tadalafil can cause a significant drop in blood pressure, which can pose a risk to such people.
- These pills are appropriate for use in women, children, and teenagers. Because they treat conditions like ED and BPH, these are intended for use in men only.
- An individual’s risk of accidents after taking the pill increases when they perform some intense activities like driving, sports, heavy weightlifting, etc. because the effects of the pill can lead to dizziness and blurred vision.
Drugs used for treating chronic health conditions might cause dangerous side reactions after their interaction with tadalafil. Tadalafil must never be combined with drugs such as nitrates, alpha-blockers, poppers, blood pressure medicines, protease inhibitors, seizure drugs, HIV drugs, and Riociguat.
The combination of tadalafil and alcohol can lead to a sudden decrease in blood pressure, which can have a detrimental impact on health.
Grapefruit or its juice must be avoided if you are planning to use tadalafil. Their interaction can lead to a reduction in blood pressure.
Tdalafil 40mg pills are high-dose drugs. This is not appropriate for regular usage, because its effects last for more than 36 hours. Overdosing can be fatal.