Tadalafil 20mg medications are taken to overcome the blockages in the arteries and allow more blood to flow inside them. Men facing issues with erection function can take these pills to treat erectile dysfunction problems. Erectile dysfunction happens when the blood flow to the penile gets hindered because of blockage formation in the arteries. The pill works on overcoming these blockages and it increases the blood flow to restore erection function. These pills are composed of 20mg strength of tadalafil. These are high-dose pills, and their effects remain in the bloodstream for a very long time, which is up to 36 hours. A single can deliver prolonged effectiveness.
Tadalafil is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor. It counters the PDE5 enzymes, which lead to the hardening of the arteries by causing plaque accumulation. The pill negates the action of PDE5 enzymes and expands the blood vessels, which boosts the flow of blood inside the arteries.
- These drugs are used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction or impotence problems and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a condition that causes the enlargement of the prostate gland in men.
- It treats erectile dysfunction by countering the action of PDE5 enzymes that are found in the inner walls of the penile arteries. PDE5 enzymes become hyperactive and cause plaque accumulation in the arteries, which causes them to become narrow. This limits the blood flow to the penile. However, the pill stops PDE5 action and triggers the release of nitric oxide in the walls, which loosens the arteries and augments blood flow in the penile.
- For treating the symptoms of an enlarged prostate, the pill makes the symptoms less severe and alleviates them. Individuals with an enlarged prostate experience problems while urinating, such as pain, burning pain sensation during the passing of urine, frequent urge to urinate, decreased flow of urination, etc. The pill reduces these symptoms.
- These pills can produce some common side effects, that may include – headache, nausea, flushing, upset stomach, stuffy nose, back pain, muscle pain, and pain in arms or legs. These symptoms may last for a short time and go away soon after some time. If the symptoms persist for longer, one must see a doctor.
- These high-dose pills might give rise to some rare side effects as well. They may include – priapism (prolonged and painful erections that last for more than 4 hours), severe light-headedness, sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes, or change of vision, sudden loss of hearing or ringing in the ears (tinnitus), and chest pain. If any of these symptoms show up, one must seek medical attention immediately. Timely treatment will reduce the risk of major health damage.
- People with a medical history and those who are using some drugs for treating their heart-related problems or chest pain (angina) must never take these pills without informing their doctor. The effects of Tadalafil together with other drugs can increase the risk of dangerous side effects.
- These pills are not recommended for use in women, children, and teenagers. These are intended for use in men only, as they treat ED and BPH, which are issues related to men.
- Performing some intense activities like driving, sports, heavy weightlifting, etc. can be risky after taking the pill. The effects of the pill can cause dizziness and blurred vision.
- Those allergic to Tadalafil must avoid using them.
The interaction of tadalafil with certain drugs used for managing heart diseases and chest pain (angina) can cause a drastic drop in blood pressure. Tadalafil must never be taken in combination with drugs such as nitrates, alpha-blockers, poppers, and blood pressure medicines.
The combination of tadalafil and alcohol can exacerbate the side effects. Their interaction can cause a sudden decrease in blood pressure to dangerous levels. This happens because both these substances have vasodilator properties, which is why it is not safe to take them together.
The combination of grapefruit or its juice with tadalafil can also lead to a decrease in blood pressure. Therefore, avoid consuming grapefruit products if you are planning to use Tadalafil.
These are very high-dose pills. Their effectiveness remains in the bloodstream for up to 36 hours or so. Therefore, using these pills on a regular basis is not safe. It can lead to overconsumption. If you take it in excess, then overdoing can lead to health damage, which requires immediate medical attention, otherwise, drug overdose can turn fatal.