Tadalafil 10mg drugs treat the most common sexual disorder in males which is erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence condition. Erectile dysfunction is characterized by difficulty in getting erections or maintaining them. Incorporating the use of tadalafil medications will make it easier to get erections in the presence of arousal. Difficulty in getting stronger erections arises because of insufficient blood flow to the penile, which happens due to the blockages in the passages of the penile blood vessels. Tadalafil medications overcome all these blockages by triggering the release of nitric oxide in the inner walls of the arteries and augmenting sufficient blood flow to all parts and tissues of the penile organ.
To obtain the desired effects of the pills, one must take them on an empty stomach or two hours after a meal. The pill is composed of 10mg strength, which makes it a medium-dose medicine, which has to be taken only once in 24 hours. The pill works to relieve moderate forms of impotence issues.
- These drugs are prescribed by healthcare providers for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in males. Erectile dysfunction is usually a result of poor blood flow to the penile. The blood flow to the penile gets hindered because of an enzyme known as PDE5. Hyperactivity of PDE5 enzymes clogs the arteries and limits the blood flow. However, the pill inhibits PDE5 action.
- The erection function gets restored as the pill increases the blood supply inside the penile arteries by overcoming all the blockages. For treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which is a condition that leads to an enlarged prostate, the pill alleviates the symptoms and provides relief.
- The pill has to be taken approximately 30 to 60 minutes before a planned sexual activity. The effectiveness of this medicine remains active in the bloodstream for a prolonged time, which is up to 36 hours. It is advised to take a single pill only once in 2 days, because of its long-lasting effects.
After taking the pill, some people may experience common side effects, which are listed below:
- Headache and nausea
- Muscle pain
- Stomachache or upset stomach
- Back pain
- Pain in arms and legs
- Stuffy nose
- Flushing of the face, neck, and upper chest
The symptoms of these side effects might remain for some time and go away soon, but if they don’t, you must see your doctor and get it treated.
The effects of these pills might produce some rare side effects, which can be as follows:
- Priapism, a condition that causes prolonged and painful erections lasting for more than 4 hours.
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Sudden loss of vision or change of vision
- Hearing loss in one or both ears
- Severe lightheadedness
- Chest pain or jaw pain, which can be an early indicator of a heart attack
A condition like priapism can permanently damage the penile. If any of these rare and uncommon symptoms arise, one must seek medical attention immediately. Early treatment will reduce the risk of any severe health damage.
- Do not use these medications without informing your doctor if you have some chronic health condition such as heart disease, cardiovascular disorder, kidney problems, liver disorder, and others. The effects of the pill can lead to a reduction in blood pressure, which may give rise to some health problems, so, before using these pills, talk to your doctor first.
- Avoid activities like sports, driving, machine operating, and things along those lines. Such activities demand tremendous focus and attention. The pill might cause dizziness and blurry vision and such activities pose a risk.
Tadalafil drugs are incompatible with certain drugs such as nitrates, alpha-blockers, protease inhibitors, blood pressure medicines, seizure drugs, HIV drugs, and Riociguat (Adempas). Their interaction can reduce blood pressure to dangerous limits.
The interaction with alcohol can make the side effects more severe. Since both tadalafil and alcohol have vasodilator properties, their interaction can cause a serious decrease in blood pressure.
The effects of the pill remain active in the body for up to 36 hours, therefore, do not overdose yourself. If you take more than one dose within 24 hours, then your body may get overwhelmed by the excessive intake of the substance which can further increase the chances of severe health damage.