Sildenafil Citrate 25mg
Sildenafil Citrate 25mg are drugs that are used for treating erectile dysfunction in men. These are categorized under phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors, which increase the flow of blood to the penile and make it easier to get erections. These drugs are of mild dose that helps in improving the minor intensity of erectile dysfunction problems. The medicine treats erection difficulties by causing vasodilation in the penile. It relaxes the blood vessels and increases the flow of blood inside the penile. An erection happens when the penile engorges with blood. The blood gets trapped within the blood vessels of the penile under high pressure, which keeps the penile erect. They come in the form of pills and must be taken with some water 30 minutes to 1 hour before sexual interaction. Sildenafil Citrate itself is an active component that forms an active ingredient in many ED drugs. Viagra is a popular drug that contains Sildenafil Citrate as its key ingredient.
- Sildenafil Citrate 25mg drugs treat erectile dysfunction. These drugs are pure vasodilators that work by triggering the release of nitric oxide in the endothelium walls of the penile arteries. Nitric oxide is a chemical that relaxes the penile arteries and expands them so that more blood enters the penile, which triggers stronger erections.
- Men experiencing feeble penile, despite complete sexual arousal can make use of these drugs, which boost the blood circulation in their penile blood vessels and produces harder erections. The pill will produce its effects in the presence of sexual arousal.
- The pill has to be swallowed with water. It must not be taken within an hour or two after the meals. Take the pill as it is with water, changing its form by crushing, and breaking will reduce its efficacy. The effects of the pill can last for around 3 to 4 hours.
- Besides, Sildenafil Citrate 25mg can also be prescribed for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), which is a condition that causes high blood pressure in the lungs. These drugs reduce blood pressure by relaxing the strained muscles of the lung arteries and allowing more blood to flow inside them. The effects of this medicine relieve breathing difficulties and chest pressure and restore activeness.
These pills can produce side effects that can be of mild or moderate category depending on various factors. The side effects may differ from one individual to another. Some common side effects include headache, dizziness, flushing, indigestion, stuffy nose, nausea, and vision blur. Some people may experience uncommon side effects like skin rash, rapid heartbeat, nasal congestion, GI tract disorders, fatigue, muscle pain, dry mouth, blood pressure fluctuation, vertigo, ringing in ears, etc.
- These drugs can also give rise to some rare side effects like fainting, nosebleed, loss of hearing, swelling, priapism (prolonged or painful erections), seizures, loss of vision, chest pain, etc. If any of these arise, one must see a doctor immediately.
- Those allergic to Sildenafil citrate must avoid using these drugs.
- People with heart problems and cardiovascular disorders must inform their doctor before using these pills because the effects of Sildenafil can decrease blood pressure, which can have a life-threatening impact on heart patients.
- Those having some major health conditions like liver dysfunction and kidney disorder must inform their doctor before using Sildenafil pills.
- These medications are not intended for use in women, children, and teenagers. Only adult males experiencing erectile disorders can make use of these drugs.
Drug-drug interaction – Sildenafil Citrate is incompatible with certain types of drugs, which can produce dangerous side effects. Therefore, before using Sildenafil, you must inform your doctor in case you are already using medications like nitrate-based for heart ailments or chest pain, alpha-blockers for treating blood pressure problems, protease inhibitors for treating HIV infection, and Riociguat drugs.
Drug-alcohol interaction – The drug might not obtain the required effects when taken in combination with alcohol. Their interaction can affect the potency of the pill and can also lead to a significant drop in blood pressure.
Drug-food interaction – Taking the pill immediately after the meal can affect the potency of the medicine and you might not obtain desired results. This is why one must maintain a gap of up to 2 hours between the meal and medicine intake.
Excessive amounts of this drug can potentiate the risk of side effects due to overdosing. One might experience symptoms of overdosing that include fainting, dizziness, and low blood pressure. Therefore, one must never consume the medication more than the necessary amount.