Sildenafil Citrate 200mg
Sildenafil Citrate 200mg pills increase the flow of blood in the penile and relieve the difficulties of erectile dysfunction in men. These are high-dose pills, with each pill having a strength of 200mg. These pills work on treating severe symptoms of erectile dysfunction. The effects of the pill generally last for up to 6 hours or so. Sildenafil Citrate is classified under phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor drugs. The categorization is done as per pharmacological classification. PDE5 inhibitors work on treating erection difficulties by overcoming the blockages of the penile arteries.
PDE5 enzymes are present in the walls of the penile arteries, and they prevent the release of nitric oxide, which is a vasodilator chemical that is needed for optimal functioning of the arteries. The pill efficiently boosts the release of nitric oxide by inhibiting PDE5 action, and it restores the erection function.
- The pills belong to a group of pure vasodilators that eliminate erection difficulties to improve erection function, and these are also prescribed for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension. The pill has to be taken as-a-whole with some water. Changing its form by crushing, breaking, or chewing will reduce its potency.
- It takes around 30 minutes to an hour to get the medicine completely assimilated into the bloodstream. Since it is high-dose medicine, generally, its effects will stay active in the body for around 6 to 8 hours. Alcohol can reduce the efficacy of the medicine, so, skip alcohol on the day you plan to take the pill.
- The effects of the pill cause vasodilation in the penile for those having erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil Citrate is an active ingredient of various drugs that are used for treating impotence issues and pulmonary hypertension.
- When it is taken for treating erectile dysfunction, it widens and enlarges the passages of the penile arteries. This allows more blood to enter the widened passages and the penile gets engorged with blood. The arteries then trap the blood inside under high pressure to attain stronger erections.
Common side effects of the medicine can be of mild intensity. One may experience them for some time. They go away in a few hours, but if they don’t, see your doctor. Mild side effects are listed below:
- Runny nose or stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
Some people may experience uncommon side effects, which are as follows:
- Rapid heartbeat
- Muscle pain
- Nasal congestion
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Dry mouth
- GI tract disorders
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
One might seldom experience uncommon side effects. But if they surface, it is necessary to seek medical attention.
Rare side effects include:
- Hearing loss in one or both ears
- Chest pain
- Loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Prolonged and painful erections (Priapism)
- Fits and seizures
In case of rare side effects, one must contact their doctor immediately. Getting medical attention early will prevent any major health risks.
- These drugs are intended for use in adults only. Children and teenagers are not allowed to take them.
- Avoid these drugs in case you are already using drugs such as nitrates, alpha-blockers, blood pressure medications, and Riociguat (Adempas).
- Those with a medical history of heart problems and those who have a surgery related to the heart must inform their doctor before using these pills.
- One might not be able to focus on some intense activity under the influence of these medicines, as it may blur the vision and cause dizziness. It is better to avoid doing intense activity to prevent accidents.
Some drugs are incompatible with Sildenafil Citrate pills. They might give rise to dangerous side reactions after interaction. Drugs that are used for treating heart-related ailments or managing blood pressure fluctuations must never be combined with Sildenafil, as their interaction can cause sudden drops in blood pressure to dangerous levels.
Alcohol slows down the assimilation of Sildenafil in the bloodstream. It also minimizes the effects of the medicine and causes a significant drop in blood pressure. Some people may even experience severe side effects due to their interaction.
These are high-dose drugs, and their effects remain in the bloodstream for a very long time. It might take a day to get the remains of the medicine eliminated from the body. Taking more than a single dose within 24 hours might potentiate the risk of dangerous side effects such as priapism, vision loss, or hearing loss.