Sildenafil Citrate 150mg
Sildenafil Citrate 150mg pills are helpful for men that are having erectile dysfunction (ED). The basic reason behind impotence issues is the lack of adequate blood flow to the penile organ. Blood flow to the penile gets hindered due to the blockage formation in the arteries of the penile. These pills effectively overcome arterial blockages and increase blood flow to the penile. Each pill of these drugs is composed using 150mg strength, which makes them a high-dose ED drug. These high-dose pills help those that are experiencing severe forms of erection difficulties. The effects of these pills trigger stronger erections in the presence of arousal.
Sildenafil Citrate is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, which is the component that stops the action of PDE enzymes in the walls of the penile arteries and prevents them from blocking the blood flow by expanding the arteries. When the penile receives an adequate blood supply, the erection function gets restored.
- The pills are used for treating erectile dysfunction and a condition known as pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). For the treatment of erectile dysfunction, only men can make use of them. The pills boost the flow of blood to the penile by relaxing the strained muscles of the penile arteries.
- Erectile dysfunction occurs when the blood vessels of the penile constrict and become narrow due to the action of PDE5 enzymes. The pill is a PDE5 inhibitor that relieves constrictions by boosting the release of a chemical known as nitric oxide, in the endothelial walls of the penile arteries. Nitric oxide loosens and expands the blood vessels and increases the blood flow inside the penile. This is how the medicine works on treating impotence issues in men.
- For treating pulmonary hypertension, the pill does the same thing, that is, triggers the release of nitric oxide in the inner walls of the arteries present in the lungs. Pulmonary hypertension happens when the arteries of the lungs constrict and become narrow, which causes the blood pressure to rise to dangerous levels inside the lungs.
- The pill relaxes the constrictions and loosens the blood vessels, which increases the blood flow in the lungs and the blood pressure reduces. The doctor may prescribe Sildenafil citrate in low doses to treat this condition.
Common side effects include:
- Runny nose or stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
Uncommon side effects include:
- Rapid heartbeat
- Nasal congestion
- Low or high blood pressure
- Dry mouth
- GI tract disorders
- Muscle pain
- Ringing in the ears or tinnitus
Common symptoms can be of mild intensity. They remain for some time and go away. In case of uncommon symptoms, if the effects remain for a long time and bother you, then it is necessary to see a doctor.
Rare side effects include:
- Hearing loss in one or both ears
- Vision loss
- Chest pain
- Prolonged and painful erections (Priapism)
- Fits and seizures
In case of rare side effects, one must immediately seek medical attention, which will prevent any major health damage.
People with chronic health conditions must talk to their doctor before using these pills, as the pill can cause a drop in blood pressure, which might not be safe for those having heart-related illnesses, cardiovascular disorders, kidney, or liver dysfunction.
The effects of the pill may remain in the bloodstream for a longer duration. Until the pill remains active in the bloodstream, the person might feel dizzy, and their vision might get blurred for a while. This can potentiate the risk of accidents, so, one must avoid doing some activity that requires high focus and attention.
The pill might fail to obtain the desired results after coming into contact with some other drug. Certain types of drugs might cause sudden drops in blood pressure levels, which can have fatal consequences.
One must avoid combining nitrate-based drugs, different types of blood pressure drugs like alpha-blockers, and Riociguat (Adempas) with Sildenafil drugs. Talk to your doctor before using any ED pills in case you are already taking drugs for treating some health condition.
Food might take some time to get digested. If you take the pill while the food is still not digested yet, then the assimilation of the pill might get delayed, and the potency may also get reduced. So, do not take the pill right after the meal. Take it at least two hours after the meal.
Overconsumption of the drugs might not yield better effects, instead, it will make the side effects more severe. So, avoid excessive intake of this drug. Do not take more than a single pill within 24 hours.