Sildenafil Citrate 100mg
Sildenafil Citrate 100mg are pills that increase the flow of blood to the penile and treat the difficulties of erectile dysfunction (ED). Erectile dysfunction happens because of poor blood supply through the penile arteries, but these pills are helpful in boosting the supply of blood in the penile. These are high-dose pills that can treat moderate to severe forms of impotence problems in men. Each pill is composed using 100mg strength. The pill triggers the release of a vasodilator chemical known as Nitric oxide in the endothelial walls of the penile arteries, which increases the relaxation of the arteries.
Increase relaxation causes the expansion of the arterial passages, which allows the abundant flow of blood inside the penile arteries. As the blood fills the chambers of the penile, it gets trapped under tremendous pressure, and this is how the erection happens and it gets sustained. Men with severe degrees of impotence issues can make use of these drugs for relieving their erection difficulties. The effects of the pill activate in the presence of sexual arousal.
- Sildenafil Citrate 100mg pills are used for two purposes – treatment of erectile dysfunction or alleviating the symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). For treating erectile dysfunction, the pill being a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, stops the action of PDE5 enzymes that lead to the hardening and narrowing of the penile blood vessels.
- When the arteries become narrow because of PDE5 action, the blood pressure inside increases, and the blood flow to the penile gets restricted. But the effects of the pills relieve these constrictions and expand the blood vessels, thereby increasing the blood flow inside them and reducing the blood pressure. These are recommended for use only among men that are facing erectile dysfunction.
- For treating pulmonary arterial hypertension, the effects of the pill cause vasodilation in the lungs. The condition occurs because of the narrowing and constrictions of the blood vessels present in the lungs. As the blood vessels become narrow, they turn hard and limit the blood flow. This causes an increase in the blood pressure inside the lungs.
- But the pill efficiently opens and expands the narrowed blood vessels and thus the blood pressure inside the arteries of the lungs drops.
- Some common side effects of Sildenafil Citrate are rash, headache, dizziness, flushing, indigestion, runny or stuffy nose, nausea, and blurred vision. These can be of mild intensity. They might go away soon.
- Uncommon side effects might surface in some cases, which include rapid heartbeat, dry mouth, nasal congestion, GI tract disorders, tiredness or fatigue, muscle pain, low or high blood pressure, vertigo, and ringing in the ears (tinnitus).
- In some rare cases, the effects of these pills can lead to some dangerous side effects such as chest pain, vision loss, hearing loss, prolonged and painful erections (priapism), fits, or seizures. If any of these symptoms arise, see the doctor immediately.
- These pills might lead to a sudden drop in blood pressure to dangerous levels when combined with other drugs. That individual who uses other drugs, supplements, vitamins, etc. must inform their doctor about the drugs they are already using, before taking Sildenafil. This will reduce the risk of side reactions.
- The pill is a high-dose drug that can remain effective in the bloodstream for a long time. It can cause dizziness, blurry vision, and fatigue. One must avoid performing some high-energy activities or activities that demand incredible focus.
- People with chronic health conditions must not use these medicines without informing their doctor first.
Combination of these medicines with certain drugs such as nitrates, alpha-blockers, blood pressure medicines, and Riociguat (Adempas) can lead to a fall in blood pressure to dangerous levels. Therefore, do not use Sildenafil in case you are already using some drugs to manage health conditions.
Alcohol can interfere with the absorption of the pill in the bloodstream and hinder its action. It can also lead to a significant drop in blood pressure levels.
Swallowing the pill immediately after the meal can reduce the efficacy of the medicine. One should take the pill on an empty stomach, that is, at least 2 hours after a meal.
These are high-dose drugs and taking them more than once a day can potentiate the risk of developing severe side effects such as priapism, which can cause permanent damage to the penile.