[ Generic Ingredients for Shingles Treatment ]
Shingles might occur in nearly 20% of individuals in their lifetimes. It is observed that Herpes Zoster most commonly found in females as compared to men. In females, it is estimated in the ration in 3.8 females per 1000 and 2.6 males per 1000. A total of 9,152 incidents of Shingles are observed. Among those 59.9% cases were reported of females. It occurs in all age groups but, mostly observed in people between the ages of 50 to 79.
Shingles is a viral disease and also known as zoster or herpes zoster. The disease is characterized by a painful skin rash with blisters. In some cases, nerve can be developed that lasts for several months, called postherpetic neuralgia. People with poor immune system experience very severe pain and rash in Shingles. It can occur in the eye, which can disturb your vision. Reactivations of the varicella-zoster virus cause Shingles. It starts with causing of chickenpox. There are some risk factors for reactivation of varicella-zoster like, poor immune function, old age, and having had chickenpox before 18 months of age.
Causes of Shingles
Shingles is a viral infection, which is caused by the varicella-zoster virus. It is the same virus that causes chickenpox. Risk of Shingles might be increased if you have chickenpox. After chickenpox, the virus may stay in the nervous system as a dormant for many years. The virus may reactivate and enter into your skin that produces Shingles.
It is a possibility that Shingles is developed due to low immunity. Therefore, generally, it develops in older adults and a person with a weak immunity system. Shingles is also known as herpes zoster because the virus Varicella-zoster belongs to a group of viruses called herpes viruses. These viruses cause cold sores and genital herpes. But, it is clear that a virus that causes cold sores and Shingles are different. There are some factors that can cause Shingels in people:
- Old age: Immunity lowers in the older age. So, it mostly occurs in people elder than 70 years old
- Stress: Due to emotional or physical stress you released some chemicals that can suppress your immune system to perform properly
- HIV and AIDS: Due to HIV, person’s immunity gets weaken and your immunity system fails to fight with fungus growing on your body
- Bone marrow transplant or organ trasplant: In this procedure, your immune system gets weaken and ultimately, you are on the higher risk of having Fungal Infections
- Chemotherapy: It can temporarily weaken your immune system
Diagnosis of Shingles
Shingles can be diagnosed easily i.e. just looking at rashes. Most of the cases when chickenpox occurs in childhood, the virus is still there are can reactivate and cause Shingles. When you observed any symptoms of Shingles immediately start treatment.
Sometimes there are other infections that can be misdiagnosed as a Shingels. These infectiojns are mentioned below:
- Folliculitis: The tiny holes that hairs grow out of can get inflamed Starts as red bumps that form into blisters
- Contact dermatitis: A skin reaction caused by an allergy to latex, metals, chemicals, or drugs
- Scabies: A skin condition caused by a small bug called a mite
- Impetigo: A skin infection caused by bacteria
- Candida infection: It comes from a type of yeast called Candida
- Insect bites: Sometimes, they can look like shingles
Symptoms of Shingles
The symptom of Shingles generally occurs on part of your body and easily noticed. There are symptoms such as, fever, itching, sensitivity to touch, headache, fatigue, pain, burning, numbness or tingling, a red rash after the pain, sensitivity to light and fluid-filled blisters that break open that crust over.
The very first symptom of Shingles is a pain, can be intense or mild. Often it develops as a stripe of blisters around your body part. It can be occurred around the right or left side of your torso and around an eye or neck or face.
Treatment for Shingles
There is no cure for viral infections like Shingles. But, you can take some antiviral drugs. One of the best medicines that treat Shingles is mentioned below:
Famciclovir is an antiviral drug that treats viral infections and Shingles caused by herpes zoster, outbreaks of herpes simplex that cause cold sores around the mouth, sores around the anus, and genital herpes. It reduces the number of future episodes in case of frequent outbreaks of genital herpes. Famciclovir decreases the severity and length of outbreaks and helps the sores heal faster, keeps new sores from forming, and decreases. A top brand like Famvir uses Famciclovir as an active ingredient in their medicinal products. It is composed as a white round conventional tablet and packed as 3 tablets per blister. If you are treating with this medicine, you need to avoid certain immunizations/vaccinations. Always use an effective barrier method (latex or polyurethane condoms/dental dams) during all sexual activity while treating with Famciclovir.