[ Generic Ingredients for Pneumonia Treatment ]
According to data revealed by World Health Organization in 2015, 16% of all the deaths of children fewer than 5 years are reported with Pneumonia i.e. killing 920,136 children. 257,000 cases are reported in emergency departments with Pneumonia as a primary diagnosis. Mortality reported 49,157 in the U.S. i.e. in the ratio 15.1 people per 100,000 people.
Pneumonia is an infection that causes infection to the air sacs in one or both lungs. The air sacs might be filled with fluid or pus that causes cough with phlegm or pus, fever, and breathing problems, chills. Micro-organisms such as bacteria, viruses and fungi, can cause Pneumonia. It can be mild to severe, which can be life-threatening. Pneumonia can range in seriousness from mild to life-threatening. It is most severe in infants and young children, people older than age 65, and people with weakened immune systems or health problems.
Causes of Pneumonia
Pneumonia can be caused by many germs like bacteria, viruses in the air we breathe. Sometimes these germs infect your lungs. There are several types of Pneumonia according to germs that cause it and site of infection.
Community-acquired pneumonia which is the most common type of Pneumonia, that occurs outside of hospitals or health care facilities. This type of Pneumonia caused by bacteria, bacteria-like organisms, fungi, and viruses.
- Bacteria: The bacteria, Streptococcus pneumonia cause Pneumonia. It can be observed on its own or occurred after cold or flu. Bacterial Pneumonia can affect one part of the lung i.e. lobe, known as lobar Pneumonia
- Mycoplasma pneumonia: It also can cause pneumonia, producing milder symptoms. Informally it is known as walking Pneumonia
- Fungi: People with chronic health problems or weakened immune systems mostly cause this type of Pneumonia. It is found in soil or bird droppings and vary depending upon geographic location
- Viruses: Viruses that cause colds and the flu also can cause pneumonia. It is usually mild but, can be severe in some cases
Diagnosis of Pneumonia
Physical examination: Examination of your lungs if it make crackling, bubbling, and rumbling sounds when you inhale.
Diagnostic tests: You need perform some medical tests to confirm your infection as mentioned below:
- Blood tests: To identify germ that causes illness
- X-ray of chest: It gives location and extent of inflammation in the lungs
- Pulse oximetry: It measures oxygen level in your blood
- Sputum test: It is use to look for the source of the infection
- CT Scan: To look a better view of the lungs and abnormalities in the lungs
- Arterial blood gas test: It is used to measure the amount of oxygen in a blood
- Pleural fluid culture: It analyzes and identifies bacteria causing the pneumonia
- Bronchoscopy: It is use to look into the lungs' airways
Symptoms of Pneumonia
Symptoms of Pneumonia are observed as mild to life threatening. There are some common symptoms like, coughing, fever, sweating, chills, breathing problem, and chest pain.
Viral pneumonia may shows symptoms like, flu-like symptoms, such as wheezing, high fever.
Bacterial pneumonia shows symptoms like, fever as high as 105°F with profuse sweating, bluish lips and nails, and confusion.
Children under 5 years of age may experience fast breathing.
Infants may have vomiting, lack of energy, or have trouble drinking or eating.
Older people may experience a lower-than-normal body temperature.
Treatment for Pneumonia
Pneumonia is a bacterial infection. It can be treated with different options to suppress the growth of that bacterium. There are some best medicines that treat bacterial infections like, Pneumonia. One of the best medicine available in as mentioned below:
Erythromycin is a macrolide antibiotic that treats bacterial infections like Pneumonia. It restricts the growth of bacteria and prevents bacterial infections. It does not work for viral infections like cold or flu. Some of the top brands like, P.C.E, E-MYCIN, ERYC, and ILOSONE use Erythromycin as an active ingredient in their products. This medicine is available in different dosages like, Erythromycin 250 mg and Erythromycin 500 mg. This medicine is composed as white oval or round conventional tablet and packed as 10 tablets per blister. Consult the doctor about medical history like kidney disease, liver disease, a certain type of muscle disease before treating with Erythromycin. It may cause a condition that affects the heart rhythm. Get medical help right away if observed serious side effects like severe dizziness, fainting, fast/irregular heartbeat, persistent diarrhea, abdominal or stomach pain/cramping, blood/mucus in your stool, white patches in your mouth, a change in vaginal discharge or other new symptoms while treating with Erythromycin. The leading pharmaceutical company Sun Pharma offers this medicine.