OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder)
[ Generic Ingredients for OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder) Treatment ]
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder i.e. OCD. According to the National Institute for National Health, 2.2% of adults in the U.S. are affected with OCD. Currently, it affects in the ratio of 1 in 40 adults and 1 in 100 children in the U.S. Among those affected with OCD 50.6% had a serious impairment, 34.8% had a moderate impairment, and 14.6% had mild impairment. From previous data, the prevalence of OCD was higher in women than men.
Recurring thoughts that make you anxious all the time and affect daily life are known as obsessions. Obsessions can be with cleanliness or safety or many others. When people suffer from OCD, they perform some tasks repeatedly called compulsions. These compulsions are a temporary relief for them. Sometimes these actions can make condition severe and hamper a person’s life. These repetitive actions disturb the daily life of that person.
Causes of OCD
The exact cause of OCD is not known. But, there are some known facts that cause or triggers OCD in people are mentioned below:
- Life changes: In life person is facing so many ups and downs, new job, childbirth like instances, which thrust more responsibility can trigger OCD
- Genetic factors: It can be inherited from the parent sometimes
- Biological/neurological factors: It might be the result of a chemical imbalance of serotonin in the brain
- Personal experience: OCD can happen to a person with severe trauma
- Behavioral factors: Some excessive behavior of a person like extremely organized, neat, and meticulous sometimes have the risk of OCD
Diagnosis of OCD
There are simple steps to diagnose OCD. The steps are as follow:
- Physical examination: It is to detect some other problems that can cause your symptoms and related complications
- Laboratory tests: You might need to perform tests like complete blood count (CBC), a check of your thyroid function, and screening for alcohol and drugs
- Psychological evaluation: The doctor will discuss with you about your thoughts, feelings, symptoms and behavior patterns
Symptoms of OCD
Changes in the compulsive behavior of a person can be signs of OCD. There are some common types of symptoms experienced with OCD as mentioned below:
- Cleanliness: People with OCD wash their hands repeatedly to avoid contamination. Or do similar things
- Order: Some people want everything in order like their books or cloths. They are arrange everything repeatedly
- Hoarding: People collect old newspapers, clothes, mails, and other objects for no reason
- Counting: People with OCD, count things for no reason. Like stairs, money, their other belongings repeatedly
- Safety: Such people behave little insecure and check doors or windows repeatedly that they are properly closed or not
Treatment for OCD
OCD is treated with medicines, psychotherapy or a combination of both. Sometimes people with OCD also experience other mental disorders. So, before start treatment consider other disorders also. Some of the best medicines to treat you with OCD are as follow:
Fluoxetine Hcl medicine treats depression, panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder, certain eating disorder, and a severe form of premenstrual syndrome i.e. premenstrual dysphoric disorder. It improves mood, sleep, appetite, and energy level and restores interest in daily living, decreases fear, anxiety, unwanted thoughts, binging and purging behaviors in bulimia, reduces the urge to perform repeated tasks, lessen premenstrual symptoms such as irritability, increased appetite, and depression. Some of the top brands like Rapiflux, Prozac, and Sarafem use Fluoxetine as an active ingredient in their products to treat OCD. The medicine is available in different dosages such as Fluoxetine Hcl 10 mg, Fluoxetine Hcl 20 mg, Fluoxetine Hcl 40 mg, and Fluoxetine Hcl 60 mg. This medicine is available in black, green, blue, orange or white colors and made available in tablet as well as capsule form.
Effectiveness can be seen after 4 to 5 weeks of treatment with Fluoxetine Hcl. Some of the leading pharmaceuticals like Sun pharma and Intas pharmaceuticals manufacture this medicine.
Clomipramine is a tricyclic anti-depressant medicine treats Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It restores the balance of certain natural substances like serotonin in the brain. Clomipramine decreases persistent/unwanted thoughts and reduces the urge to perform repeated tasks that interfere with daily living. A top brand like Anafranil uses Clomipramine in their medicines to treat OCD. The medicine is available in different dosages like Clomipramine 25 mg and Clomipramine 50 mg. It is composed of blue round conventional tablet and packed as 10 tablets per blister. Sun Pharma, the most trusted pharmaceutical company offers this medicine.