- Irbesartan–Hydrochlorothiazide, an active ingredient used in similar drugs like, Co-Aprovel
- Avalide is available in dosage such as Irbesartan 150 mg + Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg, Irbesartan 300 mg + Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg, Irbesartan 300 mg + Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg
- Co-Aprovel is composed a red round conventional tablet and packed as 10 tablets per blister
Directions for Use
Irbesartan–Hydrochlorothiazide should be taken once a day with or without food, as prescribed by the doctor.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors
- Contact the doctor in case have sunburned or have skin blisters/redness
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness
- Limit alcoholic beverages
- Do not share Co-Aprovel with others
- Perform medical tests like kidney function tests, blood mineral levels such as sodium/potassium periodically
- Do not double the dose to catch up
- Perform medical tests such as liver function tests periodically
- Common side effects: Dizziness, lightheadedness, headache, blurred vision, loss of appetite, stomach upset, diarrhea, or constipation
- Rare side effects: Confusion, weakness, drowsiness, fast and irregular heartbeats, fainting, seizures, muscle cramps, loss of water and mineral from the body
- Before consuming this medicine, talk to the doctor about the medical history of kidney disease, liver disease, gout, lupus
- Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly
- Avoid tanning booths and sunlamps
- Missed dose can be taken as soon as remembered
- Pregnant women should not consume Irbesartan–Hydrochlorothiazide
- Not suitable for breastfeeding women, Co-Aprovel may have undesirable effects on a nursing infant
- Drug interactions may additionally exchange how your medicinal drugs paint or boom your risk for extreme aspect results. This report does not comprise all feasible drug interactions. Maintain a listing of all the goods you use (such as prescription/non-prescription tablets and herbal products) and proportion it with your physician and pharmacist.
- Do not begin, stop, or exchange the dosage of any drug treatments without your doctor’s approval. Some merchandise that can engage with this drug consists of aliskiren, dofetilide, lithium, and capsules that can growth the extent of potassium inside the blood (which include ace inhibitors which includes benazepril/lisinopril, start manage drugs containing drospirenone).
- A few merchandise have substances that would raise your blood strain or get worse your heart failure.
- Tell your pharmacist what products you are the use, and ask the way to use them competently (in particular cough-and-cold merchandise, weight-reduction plan aids, or NSAIDs consisting of ibuprofen/naproxen).
- This medication may interfere with sure laboratory tests (including parathyroid characteristic), probably inflicting false take a look at effects.
- Ensure laboratory employees and all of your docs recognize you operate this drug.
Alternatives Of Irbesartan
- Generic Vaseretic
- Generic Avapro
- Generic Twynsta
- Generic Cardizem
- Generic Isordil
- Generic Coreg
- Generic Calan
- Generic Lopressor
- Generic Accupril
- Store Irbesartan–Hydrochlorothiazide at controlled temperature between 25 to 30oC
- Protect Co-Aprovel from direct sunlight and moisture
- Store medicines up in the closed cabinets out of sight of children and pets
- Discard Co-Aprovel with unpalatable substances like kitty litter or coffee grounds in household trash
- Dispose Irbesartan–Hydrochlorothiazide with its original container
- Do not flush medicine in the toilet or pour into the drainage