What Does It Do?
Albendazole drug in Albenza Chewable medicine is an antibiotic solution that helps in the treatment of many parasitic worm infections. The medicine kills and restricts the growth of parasites causing the infection. The solution usually makes one feel better quite quickly. However, one must also continue consumption of the medicine as long as it is prescribed even when they might feel better, for making things sure that all parasites are killed and do not become resistant. This solution is usually safe for consumption while pregnant or breastfeeding, but you should ask the doctor before consuming under such circumstances.
Albenza Chewable medicine is an antiparasitic medication. The solution works by keeping the worms from absorbing sugar (glucose). This act helps in depleting their energy level. The complete action of the Albendazole drug causes the worms to die and treats infection well.
Albendazole-composed medicine is an antiparasitic drug used to treat infections caused by various worms. This Albenza Chewable is available in: • 400 mg: Consume the pill in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Chew the chewable pill as a whole. The chew might be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Uses Of Albenza
- Cutaneous Larva Migrans
- Cysticercus cellulosae (Cysticercosis)
- Echinococcus Infection
- Hookworm Infection (Necator or Ancylostoma)
- Visceral Larva Migrans (Toxicariasis)
- Whipworm Infection (Trichuris trichiura)
- Pinworm Infection (Enterobius vermicularis)
- Clornorchis sinensis (Liver Fluke)
- Hydatid Disease
Side Effects and Reactions:
Some people might experience side effects like vomiting, increased liver enzymes, dizziness, nausea, and loss of appetite as the side effects while being treated with Albenza Chewable medicine. Make sure that you consult the doctor in case any of these side effects might persist for a longer duration. One should be monitored well with blood tests and liver function tests throughout the treatment.
Severe Side Effects
- Severe allergic reaction
- Bone marrow suppression
- Brain-related effects
- Eye damage
- Liver effects
- Unmasked neurocysticercosis.
Other Products To Treat Worm Infection
- Hydatid Disease
- Can I take Albendazole (Albenza) if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What drugs and food should I avoid while taking Albendazole (Albenza)?
- How to take Albendazole (Albenza)?
- What happens if I overdose on Albendazole (Albenza)?