Rabeprazole Sodium is a proton pump inhibitor that has potential anti-ulcer activity. After protonation, accumulation, and transformation to the active sulfenamide within the acidic environment of gastric parietal cells, this active component binds to and inhibits the H+, K+ATPase i.e. hydrogen-potassium adenosine triphosphatase enzyme system present on the parietal cell secretory surface, inhibiting gastric acid secretion.
Rabeprazole composed medicine belongs to a class of drugs known as a proton pump inhibitor. It decreases the amount of acid made in the stomach. Aciphex is indicated to treat symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease in adults and children who are at least 1 year old. It is used only in adults to treat conditions involving excessive stomach acid, like Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. This medication is also used in adults to promote healing of duodenal ulcers or erosive esophagitis. It may also be given with an antibiotic to protect duodenal ulcer caused by infection with Helicobacter pylori.
This mentioned medication is approved for the treatment of conditions caused by acid. It is a proton pump inhibitors or PPIs that blocks the production of acid by the stomach. It is used for the treatment of acid-caused conditions. Aciphex acts by blocking the pump in the wall of the stomach that secretes acid into the stomach. Due to this blocking the pump, the secretion of acid into the stomach is reduced, and this helps to heal ulcers in the stomach and esophagus.
Given medicine is proton pump inhibitor available in dosages as mentioned below:
- 10 mg: Consume this medicine once a day 30 minutes before a meal as directed by the doctor.
Serious Side Effects Including:
- severe stomach pain,
- bloody diarrhea,
- sudden pain or difficulty moving hip, wrist or back,
- seizure (convulsions),
- urinating less than usual,
- rapid weight gain,
- joint pain,
- fast or irregular heart rate,
- muscle cramps or spasms in your hands or feet,
- difficulty swallowing or choking,
- unusual bleeding (nosebleeds, gums),
- red or pink urine,
- heavy menstrual flow,
- bloody or tarry stools,
- bleeding that is difficult to control
Aciphex (Rabeprazole) uses
- Duodenal Ulcer
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Gastric Ulcer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Helicobacter pylori Infection
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Presence Of Gastric Malignancy
- Interaction With Warfarin
- Acute Tubulointerstitial Nephritis
- Clostridium Difficile-Associated Diarrhea
- Bone Fracture
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12) Deficiency
- Hypomagnesemia And Mineral Metabolism
- Interaction With Methotrexate
- Fundic Gland Polyps
This drug can cause kidney problems. Seek the medical help if urinating less than usual, or observe blood in the urine. This medication is not for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms.
What is Aciphex?
Aciphex an oral drug that is used for the treatment of conditions caused by acid.
How does Aciphex work?
Aciphex works by blocking the production of acid by the stomach.
What are the common side effects of Aciphex?
Diarrhea, nausea, constipation, vomiting, headache or rash are common symptoms of Aciphex.
What is the dosage for Aciphex?
Dosage available for Aciphex is 20 mg.
Is Aciphex safe to take if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
No, Aciphex is not recommended for you if, you are pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
There are no reviews yet.