The medicine AbbVie Inc Synthroid is composed of Levothyroxine Sodium. This medicine is used for the treatment of people with hypothyroidism and pituitary TSH suppression. The medicine is not consumed for the treatment of infertility unless it is caused by low thyroid hormone levels like condition. This medicine is a hormone, which is known for working by providing the thyroid hormone the thyroid gland shall produce if it were working usually.
Manufacturer: Abbvie Inc
What Does It Do?
Synthroid medication contains the active ingredient levothyroxine sodium which is similar to Euthyrox, Levoxyl, Tirosint and Unithroid. This ingredients in the medicine are similar to tetraiodothyronine (T4) which is produced in the human thyroid gland. As a result, this medicine is used for the replacement of thyroid hormone when the thyroid gland is underactive (hypothyroidism). The pill can also help with the treatment of thyroid nodules and goiters, which shall eventually lead to euthyroid symptoms and shall also help in suppressing the secretion of TSH from the pituitary gland. Synthroid pill is not meant to be used for transient hypothyroidism.
Levothyroxine Sodium composed medicine is a man-made hormone, which is just identical to the hormone that is all made by the thyroid gland and might also have some effect on the body. It replaces the amount of hormone the thyroid might be unable to or might no longer make shall help in restoring the thyroid hormone levels to the range they need to be.
The below mentioned Synthroid dosages are available:
• 25 mcg: Take this low dosage approx. once in a day on an empty stomach, approx. 30 minutes to 1 hour before breakfast as prescribed by the doctor
• 50 mcg: Pill is recommended for consumption on an empty stomach at the time of breakfast
• 75 mcg: Swallow the conventional tablet form of medicine before breakfast on an empty stomach as prescription by the doctor
• 88 mcg: Consume the pill before or after a meal on an empty stomach
• 100 mcg: the dosage is to be consumed on an empty stomach as prescribed
• 125 mcg: Take this dosage once a day on an empty stomach
• 175 mcg: Swallow the pill once a day as prescribed by the doctor
• 200 mcg: Pill is to be consumed on an empty stomach before breakfast as advised by the doctor
Side Effects and Reactions:
Feeling more or less hungry might occur while consuming Synthroid medicine. Alteration in the weight without trying. Nervous and excitable, not being able to sleep, shakiness, being bothered by heat. Sometimes Levothyroxine Sodium composed medicine is not safe while one might take them with certain other drugs and food. Taking the medicine together can lead to some sort of bad side effects. Make sure that you talk to the doctor about all the medicines you have consumed.