- Medicine is composed as opaque white, blue, red and gold conventional tablet and packed as 10 pills per blister pack
- Dosages are available Strattera 10 mg, Strattera 18 mg, Strattera 25 mg, Strattera 40 mg, Strattera 60 mg, Strattera 80 mg, Strattera 100 mg
- Effectiveness can be seen in 4 to 8 weeks of dosages
Directions for Use
Oral drug should be taken once or twice a day with or without food as prescribed by the doctor
First dose should be taken early in the morning while second should be taken early evening
Do’s and Don’ts
- Swallow capsule whole
- Check blood sugar regularly
- Avoid evening doses
- Not suitable for breastfeeding women
- Pregnant women should use this medication only if clearly needed
- Missed dose can be taken when remember
- Overdose can cause passing out or trouble breathing
- Consumption of tobacco and alcohol can be harmful during treating with this medicine
Common side effects:
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Irregular periods/ menstrual cramps
Serious side effects:
- Difficulty in urinating
- Irregular heartbeats
- Trouble breath
Rare side effects:
- Yellowing eye/skin
- Heart attack/stroke
- Liver damage
- Patients with adrenal problems, problems related to bladder/prostate, heart problems, high blood pressure, glaucoma, kidney, liver disease or mental disorder should consult the doctor before starting this medication
- Do not drive or handle machinery, which require alertness
- Stop consuming alcohol and drugs like marijuana
- Avoid contact with powder in the capsule
- Store at normal temperature or at 25o C
- Do not leave it in direct sunlight and places like bathroom
- Keep medicines away from children and pets
- Avoid flushing this medicine
- Discard it with safety method
What is Strattera?
Strattera (atomoxetine) affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.
What is Strattera used for?
Strattera is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
What should be taken care of before taking Strattera?
Do not use Strattera if used an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine, and others.
How should Strattera be taken?
Take the medicine at the same time each day, with a full glass of water. Strattera is usually taken once daily in the morning, or two times per day in the morning and late afternoon. Follow the doctor’s instructions.
What should be avoided while taking Strattera?
Avoid using or handling an open or broken capsule. If the medicine from inside the capsule gets into the eyes, rinse them thoroughly with water and call the doctor. Strattera may impair thinking or reactions. Be careful while driving or doing anything that requires to be alert.