Abilify Maintena is a medication contains the main active ingredient Aripiprazole IP. One of the growing pharmaceutical companies Otsuka America Pharmaceutical has been manufacturing this effective medicine. This drug is approved for the treatment of mental disorders like schizophrenia. The medicine is available in different dosages as 2 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg.
Manufacturer: Otsuka America Pharmaceutical
Active Ingredient: This drug has the main active ingredient Aripiprazole IP, which is used in the various medicines that treat mental disorders. This active component is a quinoline derivate and atypical anti-psychotic agent. It shows partial agonistic activity at dopamine D2 receptors and serotonin 5-HT1A receptors. The activity of potent antagonistic on serotonin 5-HT2A receptors has shown by the ingredient. It also helps to stabilize dopamine and serotonin activity in the limbic and cortical systems.
Indications: The given medicine Abilify Maintena is approved for the treatment of mental/mood disorder called schizophrenia. This effective tablet also helps to minimize hallucinations and to improve concentration. It improves thinking, reduces nervousness, and encourages individuals to live positively. This conventional tablet is used for bipolar disorder. It reduces changes in mood and lowers the agitation.
Action Mechanism: The exact working of this pill is not known. Scientists believed it may work blocking receptors on nerves in the brain for certain neurotransmitters. The valuable effect of this pill is because of its effects on dopamine and serotonin receptors. The consequence of the effects on the receptors is involved in the stimulation of the receptors.
Dosages: This anti-psychotic pill Abilify Maintena treats mental disorders effectively. It is available in different dosages as mentioned below:
- 2 mg: The tablet must be taken once a day with or without food as prescribed by the doctor
- 5 mg: It is to be consumed exactly as advised by the doctor, usually once a day
- 10 mg: This pill is to be consumed with or without food, take one tablet in 24 hours
- 15 mg: It should be consumed once a day after a meal as mentioned in the prescription by the doctor
- 20 mg: Swallow this tablet whole with or without food as advised by the doctor
- 30 mg: Recommended to take this medicine as directed by the doctor
Note: Do not use this medicinal drug in people with dementia-related psychosis.